Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Of Love for God

It is so hard to sing of one's love for God, as small and inadequate as it is, but there is much delight to be found in singing of God's love for me. Who can fathom the Love of God and of His infinite Mercies?

17 So when God desired to show more convincingly to the heirs of the promise the unchangeable character of his purpose, he guaranteed it with an oath,
18 so that by two unchangeable things, in which it is impossible for God to lie, we who have fled for refuge might have strong encouragement to hold fast to the hope set before us.
19 We have this as a sure and steadfast anchor of the soul, a hope that enters into the inner place behind the curtain,
20 where Jesus has gone as a forerunner on our behalf, having become a high priest forever after the order of Melchizedek.

- Hebrews 6: 17-20


===========================

Looking at the lives of people around me who I know and reflecting upon my own journey, I am often led to ask the question, "Why God have you made me this way." Now the people I hang out with most often come from a certain socio-economic group, but I see people who have literally traveled the world and who have seen and done things that I could only dream of. Oftentimes one feels like a real hillbilly and 'suaku' when compared to those jet-setting cosmopolitan high-achieving people heh.

Granted that much of it is of my own doing. When I look at some of the things I did in my youth, the things that I spent most of my time and effort on, the opportunities I had passed over, I feel so utterly disgusted with myself. Ah the follies of youth, time lost is gone forever.

But God is merciful and wise beyond comparison in leading me despite all my failings and faults and dullness of hearing. That He may grant me the faith to declare "By the Grace of God I am what I am, and His Grace towards me was not in vain." (1 Cor. 15:10)

Oh to burn myself out for Him

No comments: