Monday, August 25, 2008

A Short Notice

I think I just need to put this down as a sort of "disclaimer" for those who happen to chance upon this blog somehow by the grace of God :).

There is much in theology that remains much of a mystery to the finite mind of Man. Even the very basis of the Gospel, that how is it that God can so choose to love Man so as to send His only Begotten Son, to be crushed under His own almighty Wrath so that Man may be reconciled to Himself, is simply beyond the capabilities of Man to fully comprehend.

As such, there is so much in my understanding of God that needs refining and correction. I make no claim to special revelation nor of infallibility, but like all Man, I am so prone to stepping off the path and of turning my mind to dark and foolish things. Indeed after reading on all the various doctrines and theologies of Christianity, one does come out with a sense of knowing less that what one started with.

While it is still important to discover more about God through the study of various men's writings on Him and through the use of commentaries or study guides, it is also vital to walk with Him as a lifestyle and to literally seek and chase after Him throughout the day.

All that I post is of special conviction to my own life and of which I pray will also be to yours. But indeed I believe that God will continue to refine my knowledge and understanding of Him and His Word and that I am still much of a novice in Christ.

May He receive all the Praise

No comments: