Friday, August 22, 2008

Mental Block

Recently gotten into a bit of a writer's block for this blog. It's not so much as there is nothing that I want to write about, but the fact is that some of the things that I wish I could write here, I am the least qualified to write about. More and more do I realize how little I know about God, His Grace and Mercy. So little do I know about prayer and His Glory. Who am I to speak and write about Him, the One who created the Heavens and the Earth. The One who placed all the stars in their place and which by His Power, not one of them is missing.

Why then do I continue to write on? I guess it is to provide a sort of travel log over the years. I look back at what I have written a year or two ago and realize how different my views and focus are now. Indeed that looking back, God is indeed faithful and true. May He always be praised and adored.

"This is a faithful saying:

For if we died with Him,
We shall also live with Him.
If we endure,
We shall also reign with Him.
If we deny Him,
He also will deny us.
If we are faithless,
He remains faithful;
He cannot deny Himself."

- 2 Timothy 2:11-13

====================================

Been contemplating a bit on life the past few days and I am ever so conscious about my own mortality. So much that I have done will turn to dust and so much that I have treasured will one day be destroyed by rust and moths. What then will last into eternity?


When it's all been said and done
There is just one thing that matters
Did I do my best to live for truth?
Did I live my life for you?

When it's all been said and done
All my treasures will mean nothing
Only what I have done
For love's rewards
Will stand the test of time

Lord, your mercy is so great
That you look beyond our weakness
That you found purest gold in miry clay
Turning sinners into saints

I will always sing your praise
Here on earth and in heaven after
For you've joined me at my true home
When it's all been said and done
You're my life when life is gone...

No comments: