Sunday, June 26, 2005

Gaming and Drinking

Whew, finally some time to sit down and blog. ;P

Just recently bought this new mulitplayer game called Guild Wars. Been playing it like several hours a day for the past few days, kinda addicted to it already. Basically it just involves creating a character and then traveling through a vast virtual world which after several days I'm still not even a third of the way through.

Had a farewell dinner for my ex-CO on Friday night and AS USUAL, some people keep asking me to drink since it's my last function as part of the Squadron. Had to bottoms up half a wine glass of pure vodka, as well had about 2 more glasses of red wine. It was nice seeing everyone again after one week of staying home, as well as getting to show my pink I/C to the NSFs. ;P

After the dinner, I was already feeling a bit tipsy, but then eveyone wanted to go for a part two. So being the "socialble" person I am, I tagged along. Went to some pub in Clarke Quay and sat inside for nearly 3 1/2 hours, drinking shots, cocktails, etc.... Surprisingly, the more I drank, the less nauseous I became. Heh, maybe I just need to warm up beforehand. It was also interesting to see how some people act when they're high on alcohol. Lesson of the day, dun drink a Waterfall in one shot if you know you're gonna feel sick after that. ;p My only grouse was that the music was too loud, such that we had to lean over and shout to make ourselves heard. Hope I'm not getting addicted to alcohol too.

Will be flying off to Australia today for 3 weeks of "fun and games". Actually I think it's gonna be kind of boring since Melbourne isn't exactly a very interesting place. I won't be back till 17 July, and I'll try to remember to buy souvenirs back. ;P

No comments: