Friday, May 11, 2007

Worried

"But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble."

- Matthew 6:33-34

I thought that once the exams were over I could finally get to enjoy my 3 month break from NUS. Who would have thought that in the week after the exams there would be so many things that would have cropped up, each bringing with it its own bag of problems.

I'm worried over my exam results. This semester was one of the lightest in terms of workload and projects, yet in all 3 of my chem modules I did not manage to finish the paper. And not just one or half a question, but equivalent to two questions.

I'm worried over the planning of the hike and LTC in June. I do not know whether it is because I'm so particular or downright picky with regards to planning stuff and all that, but somehow I just do not seem comfortable with the state of both the hike and LTC now.

I'm worried over the state of the Year 3s especially now in the run-up to LTC. I have supposedly 55 Year 3s on paper, but usually only about 28 to 35 turn up for parades and even those who turn up are not the same people on consecutive weeks. I have people missing a ONCE-IN-A-LIFETIME camp to go for daily training or for school activities. And to think that these Boys are gonna be admin in 3 months time. Granted that there are those regular few who make it a point to come down and who show a semblance of competence. I guess it's still too early to make judgment on people's abilities now, but creating an admin from this year is gonna be one tough and long road.

Perhaps most importantly, I worry that I'm simply not cut out for this kind of volunteer work. My man-management skill sucks and my inspiration index is in the pits. Coupled with recent developments in the Company, sometimes I wonder whether I should really just take a step back and say "find someone else".

Can someone please tell me how not to worry? I pray that God will give me the faith to believe that all things are in His control.

No comments: