Thursday, December 25, 2008

None of Self

Oh, the bitter shame and sorrow
That a time could ever be
When I let the Saviour's pity
Plead in vain, and proudly answered:
All of self and none of Thee!

Yet He Found me; I beheld Him
Bleeding on th' accursed tree,
Heard Him pray: Forgive them Father;
And my wistful heart said faintly:
Some of self and some of Thee!

Day by day His tender mercy,
Healing, helping, full and free,
Sweet and strong and, ah! so patient,
Brought me lower, while I whispered:
Less of self and more of Thee!

Higher than the highest heavens,
Deeper than the deepest sea,
Lord, Thy love at last has conquered;
Grant me now my spirit's longing:
None of self and all of Thee!

- Theo Monod


Taken from Leonard Ravenhill's book, Revival - God's Way

Why? Because we have tried every other way.

- Leonard Ravenhill
1907 - 1994

No comments: