Monday, December 15, 2008

Asking Why

Why oh Lord did you call me back to that place?
Is there a purpose, a plan?
Where is the one who seeks after You?
So many have turned aside to things of this world.
Their interests lie more in gods of gold and silver,
In gods of entertainment and sport,
Rather than the One True God.

Why oh Lord have you placed me there?
Where every morning one pleads that you may be present, and that Your Word may be preached faithfully.
No one speaks of You nor of your excellencies.
Even I have so often been lulled into apathy.
My soul grieves for Your Name is not Glorified;
In that place where it was always meant to be glorified.

How long will You tarry from us oh Lord?
If You do not move, we will remain utterly destitute.
Our prosperity and numbers merely blind us from the Truth;
That we are blind, naked and poor.
We have traded your Light for a form of godliness;
But without any power.
We have sold out to the world that crucified Your Son.

But who am I to bring this charge against others?
Am I not guilty of so much of the same?
Be merciful to me oh God and hear my complaint;
For my soul despairs of ever seeing Your mighty Hand move in that place.
How long can I remain here;
In the place where so many despise Your Name without knowing.

But yet Your ways are not my ways;
And Your thoughts are above my thoughts.
You are faithful to preserve Your people;
And no other power may overthrow Your work.
Lord forgive me of my unbelief and doubt;
And lead me in your paths of Righteousness.
That I may Delight in You and dwell in your House;
Forever and Ever.

Amen



I said on Sunday how much I want revival
But then on Monday, I can't even find my Bible
Where's the power
The power of the cross in my life

I'm sick of playing the game of religion
I'm tired of losing my reason for living
Where's the power
The power of the cross in my life

I'm not content just to walk through my life,
Giving in to the lies,
Walking in compromises now
We cry out as a generation, that was lost
But now is found in the power of the cross

Chorus:
We believe in You
We believe in the power of Your Word that is true
We believe in You
So we lay down our cause
That our cross might be found in You

I'm not satisfied, doing it my own way
I'm not satisfied, to do church and walk away
I'm not satisfied, there's no love in my life but You
I'm not satisfied, living in yesterday's hour
I'm not satisfied, to have the form but not the power
I'm not satisfied, Lord I am crucified in You
(Chorus)

So we lay down our cause
That our cross might be found in You

No comments: