Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Being Anxious for Nothing

I was planning to write a moderately long post on the state of doctrine in the Church worldwide along with some "discernment" blogs that I think will be good for those who are concerned to look through in order to keep abreast of such developments as they occur. However, I don't really have the mental stamina to write one now, so I'll probably bore you all with a random ramble. :P

========================================

As the holidays come to an end and the final school year begins, one could say that one often gets that sinking feeling, like the captain of the Titanic. I think most people who know me know how much I "detest" chemistry, which unfortunately took me close to 3 years to finally realize. Indeed I am no academic and definitely no researcher. Ah the arrogance and follies of youth and youthful ambitions or dreams.

However, after reading through Paul's letter to the Philippians, I am learning to trust more and more in God's Providence.

"Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus." - Philippians 4: 4-7 (emphasis mine)

Indeed there is so much to be thankful for, not least that the Son of the Most Great and Almighty God would shed His blood for my soul. That I can lose and count all things rubbish so that I may gain Christ. For God has set me on this path and indeed He that began a good work will finish it. Oh that all that is to come in the year ahead will be for His Glory alone and all praise be to Him.

The Joy of the Lord is my strength!

========================================

Thought I should also share this clip. Especially encouraging for missionaries and those serving full-time in the ministry.

No comments: