Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Post-Cambodia

It's been a couple of days since I've returned from Cambodia and have finally found some time to write some thoughts down.

The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. "The LORD is my portion," says my soul,"therefore I will hope in him."

- Lamentations 3: 22-23


It was in many ways better than expected. There were no real big disruptions or problems there and the Lord blessed us mightily with really excellent weather. How often do we despise such little mercies instead of praising God for them. While there may be some issues with the church, it is incredibly encouraging to see the progress of some of the leaders and villagers since I was last there.

Will our efforts have any eternal significance? Whatever is to come, one can be sure that Christ will build His Church.

No comments: