Monday, June 01, 2009

Transitioning to Work

It's been a tiring couple of weeks since I started working for my Dad. The constant early hours and later returns is something that will take some getting used to. It is strange to think now of career and life in terms of years and decades in contrast to the day-by-day, month-by-month considerations during the Uni years.

One thing that is of high concern now is the question of whether this is the job for me to stay in for life. I have had previous considerations of going into full-time ministry, but recent events (not related to my present working situation) have cast some doubts upon my ability and maturity in pursuing such an option. It is easy, in the ease and care-freeness of youth to dedicate oneself to a cause with little thought of counting the cost. Often times, the idealism of youth gives way to cynical reality.

I do not know where the Lord will lead from here, though I trust that ultimately He will lead me to the place where has prepared and ordained for me to be. Any prayers will be deeply appreciated.

P.S. Somehow by God's Grace, I managed to get a Second Upper Honours. Really thankful for a project supervisor who was really helpful during the whole process.

No comments: