Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Is not My Grace enough?

It is often at times when one is so overcome with activities and projects that one feels he does not even have the strength to go on. When the future looks so bleak or uncertain and it does not even seem possible that one would be able to provide for himself, much less a spouse or his parents.

It was at a time such as this that I found myself in this week. Granted that a large part of it is due to fact that I can't seem to discipline my time properly, I felt so overwhelmed by the stuff I had to do for Uni and worrying, as I always do, about the future.

And as I was jogging today (I truly was!), it was as though God suddenly pointed out, "Is My Grace not enough?" Immediately it was like flashes of my past came flying past my mind's eye. The times when I struggled during BMT both physically and spiritually. The time when I passed the 2.4km run for the first time and fell to my knees thanking Him upon crossing the finishing line (the Sergeant thought I was going to faint or something). The terrible morning and evening runs in OCS. The 16 weeks I took to pass IPPT in AFS. The time when I so nearly gave up on my faith because I had felt so completely cut off from God. And yet looking back at it all from where I am now, seeing the path that the Lord had laid for and guided me on by His Providence, how can I deny that the Lord is good.

I am under no illusion that the path ahead would be any less rugged and hard than the one behind me, but indeed my soul finds rest in God alone and the work that He begins, He will finish it. What will happen in the future? O Lord God, you know.

May He receive all the Praise He deserves.


My soul finds rest - Psalms 62 by Stuart Townsend

My soul finds rest in God alone,
My Rock and my Salvation.
A fortress strong against my foes,
And I will not be shaken.
Though lips may bless and hearts may curse,
And lies like arrows pierce me,
I'll fix my heart on righteousness,
I'll look to Him who hears me.

Chorus:
Oh praise Him, Hallelujah
My Delight and my Reward,
Everlasting, never failing,
My Redeemer, my God.

Find rest my soul in God alone,
Amidst the world's temptations.
When evil seeks to take a hold,
I'll cling to my salvation.
Though riches come and riches go,
Don't set you heart upon them.
The fields of hope in which I sow,
Are harvested in heaven.

I'll set my gaze on God alone,
And trust in Him completely.
With every day pour out my soul,
And He will prove His mercy.
Though life is but a fleeting breath,
A sigh too brief to measure.
My King has crushed the curse of death,
And I am His forever.

No comments: