Saturday, February 16, 2008

Back to Basics & to repentance

Since the end of last year I had been asking God for a Word, for myself and especially in view of the (very close) TA Camp, and the words that struck me were "Back to Basics"

What is the crux of salvation? What is it that defines Christianity when you strip away all the high theology and "cheem" arguments of Creation versus evolution. As Paul wrote to the Corinthians,

"And I, brethren, when I came to you, did not come with excellence of speech or of wisdom declaring to you the testimony[a] of God. For I determined not to know anything among you except Jesus Christ and Him crucified."
- 1 Corinthians 2: 1-2

Back to the cross. Back to that single greatest moment in human history when God Himself sent His only begotten Son to die on the cross for the redemption of man in spite of man's terrible sin. Back to the realization that only the death of the Son of God would satisfy the wrath of God that had so far been stored up for sinful man.

Back to repentance, to the daily confession of Sin, realizing that the evidence of salvation is a changed life. Back to the realization that God deserves EVERYTHING that I have because of the price that was paid. Back to praying unceasingly and to the weeping over my sins and for those in my care.

What is my greatest fear as of now? That I may one day lose this fervor and desire for holiness and righteousness. Lord I pray that this may not be so.

No comments: