Sunday, November 11, 2007

Memories

Finally got to see some of the guys (and gals) from my old unit in TAB after like 2 years. How time files indeed. New faces galore, many old faces that are missing or are now moving on, while a few old remnants remain back in that dilapidated tower. (Ok lah, not so bad now since I heard they just renovated some rooms in it)

The amusing thing was the moment I saw anyone I knew that night, their first reaction would be "Wah G___, you pui liao. Civvy life good right." Most of the people I knew that were still in TAB still looked pretty much the same as I last saw them, though a bit more tired looking.

For all the complaints and crap that I had during that 1 year plus in TAB, looking back, I miss the myriad of characters in FSS, with all their eccentricities. People like Mekong, Lagoon, Smokeout, Jenga, T-Rex, Cyrax, Retro, Spirit, etc.... Also not forgetting the AOS and AOSS people. All those crazy times in Sudong, "interesting" weekend duties in the Tower, slacking in ACC or just plain talking cock in BOC made NS pass so much faster.

It was Retro's last day before being posted to PLAB so he gave a really crazy performance though I must say that the whole occasion was a lot more "civil" than the one we had two years ago. Maybe it has to do with the fact that the lao jiao NSMen didn't come so there weren't that many drunk people around this time. :P

Maybe it's weird that I would get so nostalgic about my time in TAB. Most people utterly detest or can't wait to forget their NS time. But now in Uni, that time in TAB represents a more carefree and "innocent" time where the only thing one worries about is whether one would be doing weekend duty in the coming week.

Well that is all in the past now and the only thing I truly detest in NS, IPPT, is coming soon which I have absolutely no hope in passing. At least dun have to go for RT yet.

No comments: