Sunday, July 15, 2007

Praying for Revival

There are excited mutterings of a coming revival to ACS and as we seek, pray and agonize for those in the school, I am reminded of Boarding School 2000.

There we were, a bunch of 15, 16-year olds gathering every Tuesday and Thursday night to pray for ACS. We prayed for the Holy Spirit, we prayed in the Spirit and we faced many different trials along the way. Incidents with teachers and churches sought to derail our focus even as the idea of a Spiritual awakening began to form in ACS.

There was no elder to guide us, no elder to teach us and everything we did we had to rely upon God's grace.

I remember rushing through supper so that we could gather at the pool bleachers to talk and pray. I remember coming to the realization that God is more than just an abstract theory, but that He is Love and our Comforter in times of need. But I was young then. I wish I knew or had the spiritual maturity 7 years ago to seek God further than I actually did.

And so now 7 years later we've come full circle. For once again do people whisper about revival in ACS. For once again is a desire implanted in the hearts of man to see the lost saved. I look upon ACS now wishing that I could be part of that which God has planned for the school. But I know that it is those who are at the fore front of the battle, those who are in the school itself who are called to open the gateway to God's Glory. And people such as myself, those of us who have gone before, can only but help by pointing the right way to go and by keeping watch in prayer.

There must be more than this
oh breath of God come breath within
There must be more than this
Spirit of God we wait for you
Fill us anew we pray
Fill us anew we pray

Consuming Fire
Fan into flame
a passion for your name
Spirit of God
fall in this place
Lord have ur way
Lord have ur way
with us

Come like a rushing wind
Fill us with power from on high
Now set the captives free
leave us abandoned to your praise
Lord let your glory fall
Lord let your glory fall

No comments: